Saturday 21 April 2012

Mumbai - Land of dreams


20th October 2010, it was Wednesday, early in the morning my bus reached the land of dreams, it was drizzling slightly....like millions of individuals who come to fulfill their dreams, one more to add to the count was me ....My elder bro accompanied me to Mumbai as he was well aware of Mumbai....full night i dint get proper sleep, was it the thought that "now what and how Jayesh?" or was it the moving bus because of which i dint get sleep i don't know.....One thought would give me a li'l relief was my MAUSHI and cousins stay in Mumbai.....

It was a tough decision for me to leave place like Goa, and more importantly my family, to be more specific my mom, god she was in all tears....for a moment i felt i can't be leaving her and going....but the selfish career guy inside me forced me to take that step....

This was the 1st time i went away from my family, when i came to Mumbai i only knew to prepare 2 things tea and Maggie....:-P....now u will think by now i must learned to cook everything.....i m still stuck with that tea and Maggie....lolz.....only difference is now you i can do it a li'l better.....:-p.....

Moment i reached Mumbai, crowd, dirtiness, noise, beggars....for a moment i thought what have i done???....where have i reached???....Today I have completed 1 and a half year here and believe me i have seen all kinds of people here , black, white, brown, rich, super rich, bad, ugly, all caste, all religion, people from all parts of India....."Yeh hai Mumbai meri jaan"....home of all kinds of people....lot of beggars here....i would give change in my pocket to beggars i see, my change would get over but not the beggars....

You must be thinking why did i choose Mumbai???.....actually Mumbai chose me....i got a job in Mumbai that's the reason i am here.....and how i got this job is yet another funny story.....Seeing the overloaded trains and buses i decided to stay nearby my work location....walking to office was 10 - 15 minutes but that too was tough for me.....don't be shocked, as soon i took up my 1st job i dint go anywhere without my bike.....i could hardly walk when i was new here....but today i do walk, actually i have to travel now, client changed i go all the way to Malad by bus from Andheri....1 hour distance one way......

Mumbai has given me a great boost to my career, got a few friends, met different and interesting people here, but today's date i don't think of staying in Mumbai anymore....Nah! Mumbai ain't bad....everything is affordable here and available readily except home sweet home....today one cannot even think of buying a 1 RK in a good area....I would have written this blog long back actually the day i stepped in Mumbai but i started blogging this year itself...thts the reason for delay.....

Keep rocking n blogging people!!!


Regards,
Jayesh

1 comment: